Come and join our team! We are a local growing private medical practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with diseases of the retina and vitreous. We are looking for individuals who would like to establish a career in healthcare working for a company with nationally recognized physicians. We provide on the job training giving you the ability to grow and advance your skills along with gaining innovative knowledge. Established in 1977, we have locations all over Northern California including Sacramento, Grass Valley, Roseville, Stockton, Modesto, Fairfield, Elk Grove, Folsom, Yuba City and Chico. Our physicians are nationally known, and we continue to be on the leading edge of retina care by utilizing the latest equipment and both participating in and designing new clinical trials to advance the state of care for retinal diseases. Join 150+ other team members working for our nationally recognized retina specialty practice in a fast paced, high volume medical office.
As a result of high cost injectable drugs being used in the practice, the pharmaceutical (drug) department was created specifically to perform the pre-visit process for these drugs, and to follow-up on unpaid balances, to ensure that the practice would be paid for these injected drugs. For each scheduled drug injection patient, this department is responsible for obtaining and/or verifying insurance coverage and eligibility, investigating drug benefits, obtaining pre-authorization (if necessary), communicating to the patient their financial responsibilities (including past due balances) for services to be provided by the physician as well as helping the patient to access any financial or co-pay assistance programs available. The drug department is responsible for making reasonable efforts to collect the patient portion prior to the injection.
This is a full-time position working remote after initial training period. Our Parkcenter location will be the home office.
- Ensuring payment according to Medicare or Payer Contracts
- Working any assigned tasks per policy guidelines
- Interacting with patients via telephone regarding copays, co-insurance and deductible amounts to explain patient’s expected out of pocket expenses for application to copay assistance programs
- Billing hard copy claims with explanation of benefits to copay assistance programs
- Following up to make sure payment received is correct
- Notating encounters of actions taken and updating tasks
- Following up on outstanding claims with copay assistance programs
Skills & QualificationsSkills and Performance Expectations:
- Detail-Oriented and excellent organization and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and follow-up for completion
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Professional phone etiquette
- Ability to navigate websites
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Goal oriented
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 2-3 years of related medical billing and/or eligibility experience
- Spanish speaking
- NextGen experience
- Experience working with patients with retinal disease
- Sitting and viewing computer screen for extended periods, up to 85% of the time
- Keyboarding, up to 90% of the time
- Standing, up to 25% of the time
- Lifting, reaching, and bending, up to 45% of the time
- Close visual acuity required to perform duties such as viewing computer monitor, and determining accuracy and thoroughness of work