Come and join our team! We are a local growing private medical practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with diseases of the retina and vitreous. We are looking for individuals who would like to establish a career in healthcare working for a company with nationally recognized physicians. We provide on the job training giving you the ability to grow and advance your skills along with gaining innovative knowledge. Established in 1977, we have locations all over Northern California including Sacramento, Grass Valley, Roseville, Stockton, Modesto, Fairfield, Elk Grove, Folsom, Yuba City and Chico. Our physicians are nationally known, and we continue to be on the leading edge of retina care by utilizing the latest equipment and both participating in and designing new clinical trials to advance the state of care for retinal diseases. Join 150+ other team members working for our nationally recognized retina specialty practice in a fast paced, high volume medical office. This is an in office position, no remote work available.
Full-time immediate employee benefits:
Paid Time Off (PTO) 13 days per year, as accrued.
7 Paid Holidays per year.
Ability to participate in company 401k plan offered through Fidelity.
On the first of the month following 30 days of employment benefits:
Medical insurance – employer pays 95% of premium of base HMO plan for employee (dependent coverage available for purchase).
Group dental, vision, life, and accident plans available for purchase.
Flexible Spending Account participation available.
Allows pre-tax deferrals of amounts for medical, dental or vision premiums
Allows pre-tax deferrals for dependent care expenses, subject to limitations
After 90 days of employment – Paid Sick Leave of 3 days per year.
After one year of service – 401K Plan Safe Harbor contribution (3% of annual earnings) received after plan year ends.
Pay $18.00 - $34.00 depends on experience.
Responsibilities1. Follow-up on various accounts (Medi-Cal, GMC, and CCS)
2. Ensure that we have been paid according to Medicare, Medi-Cal or other insurance payer contracted rates
3. Work assigned tasks on a daily basis
4. Interact with patients face-to-face or via telephone regarding billing questions
5. Request adjustments per policy guidelines when needed on an account
6. Prepare refund requests per policy guidelines
7. Answer phones daily and cover patient emails during assigned timeframe
8. Answer questions from patients, insurance companies, clinics or doctors
9. Clear Share of Cost if patient makes payment directly to us
10. Complete 1st and 2nd level appeals on denied, unpaid or underpaid claims
11. Send 2nd level appeals to trainer for review prior to mailing
12. Prepare demand letters per policy guidelines
13. Bill claims
14. Attach chart notes of referrals if needed by claim
15. Inquire on Preemies eligibility, authorization and insurance before billing claim
16. Notify supervisor of any changes or issues by payer
Skills & Qualifications1. Ability to navigate payer websites
2. Knowledge of payer payment rules
3. Basic knowledge of CPT and ICD-10
4. Knowledge and understanding of EOBs
5. Collection skills
6. Good time management skills
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills
8. Organized skills
9. Moderate computer skills, ability to navigate practice management system and Microsoft Office
10. Detail oriented
11. Ability to multitask
12. Requires prolonged periods of sitting
Skills and Performance Expectations:
- Detail-Oriented and excellent organization and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks and follow-up for completion
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 2-3 years of related medical billing and/or eligibility experience
- Spanish speaking
- NextGen experience
- Experience working with patients with retinal disease
- Sitting and viewing computer screen for extended periods, up to 85% of the time
- Keyboarding, up to 90% of the time
- Standing, up to 25% of the time
- Lifting, reaching, and bending, up to 45% of the time
- Close visual acuity required to perform duties such as viewing computer monitor, and determining accuracy and thoroughness of work