Come and join our team! We are a local growing private medical practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with diseases of the retina and vitreous. We are looking for individuals who would like to establish a career in healthcare working for a company with nationally recognized physicians. We provide on the job training giving you the ability to grow and advance your skills along with gaining innovative knowledge. Established in 1977, we have locations all over Northern California including Sacramento, Grass Valley, Roseville, Stockton, Modesto, Fairfield, Elk Grove, Folsom, Yuba City and Chico. Our physicians are nationally known, and we continue to be on the leading edge of retina care by utilizing the latest equipment and both participating in and designing new clinical trials to advance the state of care for retinal diseases. Join 150+ other team members working for our nationally recognized retina specialty practice in a fast paced, high volume medical office.
As a result of high cost injectable drugs being used in the practice, the pharmaceutical (drug) department was created specifically to perform the pre-visit process for these drugs, and to follow-up on unpaid balances, to ensure that the practice would be paid for these injected drugs. For each scheduled drug injection patient, this department is responsible for obtaining and/or verifying insurance coverage and eligibility, investigating drug benefits, obtaining pre-authorization (if necessary), communicating to the patient their financial responsibilities (including past due balances) for services to be provided by the physician as well as helping the patient to access any financial or co-pay assistance programs available. The drug department is responsible for making reasonable efforts to collect the patient portion prior to the injection. The drug department also addresses any drug related insurance claim denials or outstanding accounts receivable balances. Additionally, the drug department is responsible for accounting for, and the proper storing of, the inventory of these high cost drugs at each clinic location.
- After training, this will be a remote position
- Following up on any missing information for patient appointments
- Contacting patient or referring physicians to obtain any missing information
- Following up on 'one-week out' appointments and requesting any missing information
- Obtaining eligibility for new and existing patients
- Inputting new and updated insurance information in the system accurately
- Acquiring any needed authorization from insurance companies
- Alerting accounts for out of pocket amounts to collect
- Verifying benefits for any drug appointments and marking appropriate forms for any co-payments or co-insurance the patient needs to pay at time of visit
Skills & QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred
- Knowledge of obtaining authorizations, running eligibility, and familiarity with various insurances
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, team player.
- Basic computer and internet skills; problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Spanish speaking
- Sitting and viewing computer screen for extended periods, up to 85% of the time
- Keyboarding, up to 90% of the time
- Standing, up to 25% of the time
- Lifting, reaching, and bending, up to 45% of the time
- Close visual acuity required to perform duties such as viewing computer monitor, and determining accuracy and thoroughness of work