Come and join our team! We are a local growing private medical practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with diseases of the retina and vitreous. We are looking for individuals who would like to establish a career in healthcare working for a company with nationally recognized physicians. We provide on the job training giving you the ability to grow and advance your skills along with gaining innovative knowledge. Established in 1977, we have locations all over Northern California including Sacramento, Grass Valley, Roseville, Stockton, Modesto, Fairfield, Elk Grove, Folsom, Yuba City and Chico. Our physicians are nationally known, and we continue to be on the leading edge of retina care by utilizing the latest equipment and both participating in and designing new clinical trials to advance the state of care for retinal diseases. Join 150+ other team members working for our nationally recognized retina specialty practice in a fast paced, high volume medical office.
Pay is $17.50 - $21.00 per hour depending on experience.
Full-time immediate employee benefits:
Paid Time Off (PTO) 13 days per year, as accrued.
7 Paid Holidays per year.
Ability to participate in company 401k plan offered through Fidelity.
On the first of the month following 30 days of employment benefits:
Medical insurance – employer pays 95% of premium of base HMO plan for employee (dependent coverage available for purchase).
Group dental, vision, life, and accident plans available for purchase.
Flexible Spending Account participation available.
Allows pre-tax deferrals of amounts for medical, dental or vision premiums
Allows pre-tax deferrals for dependent care expenses, subject to limitations
After 90 days of employment – Paid Sick Leave of 3 days per year.
After one year of service – 401K Plan Safe Harbor contribution (currently 3% of annual earnings) received after 2022 plan year ends.
ResponsibilitiesCharge Coders are primarily responsible for:
- Processing paper and electronic fee tickets
- Applying appropriate modifiers and/or CPT coding for codes subject to CCI Edits
- Reviewing supporting chart documentation
- Processing claim recodes and claim rejections
- Transmitting clean claims through our claims clearinghouse provider
- Reconciling PODIS Retina drug reports
Skills & QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior charge coding and/or medical billing experience and/or certification
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT-4 coding
- Knowledge of insurance submittal procedures and medical forms
- Experience with NextGen systems
- Ophthalmic Technician experience
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and learn new systems quickly
- Must have a high attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Sitting and viewing computer screen for extended periods, up to 85% of the time
- Keyboarding, up to 90% of the time
- Standing, up to 25% of the time
- Lifting, reaching, and bending, up to 45% of the time
- Close visual acuity required to perform duties such as viewing computer monitor, and determining accuracy and thoroughness of work