Why You'll Love This Job
Come and join our team, we are a local growing medical practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with diseases of the retina and vitreous, looking for individuals who would like to establish a career in healthcare. We provide on the job training with the ability to grow and gain knowledge and skills. Established in 1977, we have locations all over Northern California including Sacramento, Grass Valley, Roseville, Stockton, Modesto, Fairfield, Elk Grove, Folsom, Yuba City and Chico. Our physicians are nationally known, and our goal is to stay at the leading edge of retina care by utilizing the latest equipment and both participating in and designing new clinical trials to advance the state of care for retinal diseases.
This position will require travel to other locations as needed.
Greet patients, family members, visitors, staff and physicians in a warm and respectful manner.
Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with referring physicians and their staff.
Ability to work independently or in a team environment and assist coworkers in various aspects.
Answer phones in a pleasant and professional manner.
Adaptable to fast paced environment.
Gain knowledge and the ability to schedule new and established patients in accordance with scheduling guidelines.
Check any messages and respond as appropriate.
Review various faxes, and patient referrals within 24 hours.
Eagerness to perform additional tasks.
- Problem solving skills.
Verify insurance eligibility, add insurance and any authorizations needed.
Assist with the patient check in/check out process to optimize patient experience.
Ensure patient financial obligations are appropriately addressed at time of service.
Ability to maintain a HIPAA and OSHA compliant workstation.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems.
- Ability to plan, exercise initiative, problem solve, make decisions.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work in an unsupervised environment, both as a team and as an individual.
- Ability to maintain a courteous demeanor while maintaining required level of productivity.
- Knowledge of insurances: HMO’s, PPO’s, Medicare, MediCal.
- Knowledge of how to operate standard office equipment.
- Able to dilate, check vision, and enter appropriate chief complaint.
- Understand what diagnoses are considered emergencies.
- Ability to document accurately and efficiently patient communications.
- Ability to follow direction well, maintain professionalism, and be punctual.
- Enjoy working with patients, primarily elderly patients.
- Patience and empathy.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high paced environment.