Come and join our team! We are a local growing private medical practice specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with diseases of the retina and vitreous. We are looking for individuals who would like to establish a career in healthcare working with nationally recognized physicians. We provide on the job training giving you the ability to grow and advance your skills along with gaining innovative knowledge. Established in 1977, we have locations all over Northern California including Sacramento, Grass Valley, Roseville, Stockton, Modesto, Fairfield, Elk Grove, Folsom, Yuba City and Chico. Our physicians are nationally known, and we continue to be on the leading edge of retina care by utilizing the latest equipment and both participating in and designing new clinical trials to advance the state of care for retinal diseases. Join 150+ other team members working for our nationally recognized retina specialty practice in a fast paced, high volume medical office.
We seek a full-time Medical Receptionist to support our team. Although you must be able to work independently, you will be working directly with physicians, patients, and clinical and business office staff. Collaboration and being a team player are essential to the success of this role. This position will require travel to other locations as needed.
Full-time immediate employee benefits:
Paid Time Off (PTO) 13 days per year, as accrued.
7 Paid Holidays per year.
Ability to participate in company 401k plan offered through Fidelity.
On the first of the month following 30 days of employment benefits:
Medical insurance – employer pays 95% of premium of base HMO plan for employee (dependent coverage available for purchase).
Group dental, vision, life, and accident plans available for purchase.
Flexible Spending Account participation available.
Allows pre-tax deferrals of amounts for medical, dental or vision premiums
Allows pre-tax deferrals for dependent care expenses, subject to limitations
After 90 days of employment – Paid Sick Leave of 3 days per year.
After one year of service – 401K Plan Safe Harbor contribution (3% of annual earnings) received after 2022 plan year ends.
Pay depends on experience and ranges from $17.50 - $28.00 per hour for all levels. Starting pay is generally $17.50 per hour.
Greet patients, family members, visitors, staff and physicians in a warm and respectful manner
Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with referring physicians and their staff
Ability to work independently or in a team environment and assist coworkers in various aspects
Answer phones in a pleasant and professional manner
Adaptable to fast paced environment
Gain knowledge and the ability to schedule new and established patients in accordance with scheduling guidelines
Check any messages and respond as appropriate
Review various faxes, and patient referrals within 24 hours
Eagerness to perform additional tasks
- Problem solving skills
Verify insurance eligibility, add insurance and any authorizations needed
Assist with the patient check in/check out process to optimize patient experience
Ensure patient financial obligations are appropriately addressed at time of service
Ability to maintain a HIPAA and OSHA compliant workstation
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally, and in writing
- Ability to apply policies and principles to solve everyday problems
- Ability to plan, exercise initiative, problem solve, make decisions
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work in an unsupervised environment, both as a team and as an individual
- Ability to maintain a courteous demeanor while maintaining required level of productivity
- Knowledge of insurances: HMO’s, PPO’s, Medicare, MediCal
- Knowledge of how to operate standard office equipment
- Able to dilate, check vision, and enter appropriate chief complaint
- Understand what diagnoses are considered emergencies
- Ability to document accurately and efficiently patient communications
- Ability to follow direction well, maintain professionalism, and be punctual
- Enjoy working with patients, primarily elderly patients
- Patience and empathy
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure in a high paced environment
- Sitting and viewing computer screen for extended periods
- Keyboarding for extended periods
- Standing or walking, up to 75% of the time
- Lifting, reaching, and bending, often
- Close visual acuity required to perform duties such as viewing computer monitor, and determining accuracy and thoroughness of work